Did you know that transgender individuals:
- Are more likely to delay necessary medical care?
- Have a higher prevalence of HIV/STDs than heterosexual or LGB individuals?
- Are more likely to have mental health issues, and attempt suicide than
heterosexual or LGB individuals?
- Are less likely to have health insurance than heterosexual or LGB individuals?
At Prism Health, we specialize in the care of transgender individuals and provide the expert treatment and consultation that you deserve, whether you’re considering transitioning, are in the process of transitioning, or have already transitioned. Our care is tailored to you. We will be offering patient directed care through the following services:
- Hormone therapy, including education and management
- Trans-sensitive pap smears, pelvic exams, and prostate exams
- Chest health
- STI screening
- Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP)
We also provide referrals to Endocrinologists and Cascade AIDS Project’s HIV services.
We also offer the benefit of healthcare providers who work as one team under the same roof. If you need counseling, your health care provider can consult with a mental health therapist to ensure that you receive the best possible care.
Thinking about going on PrEP? We may be able to help you qualify for financial assistance programs if your insurance doesn’t cover it.